Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary Load differing from QVW

Good Morning -

I'm having an issue with Qlik Sense binary data load.  I'm trying to load data from an already existing qvw file.  the data load appears to run correctly; however, the data is not tying and I'm not sure why.  I've checked to make sure the qvw file doesn't have any filters that would be making it not tie.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

5 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Tie?

What does that mean? Link or map?

And link to what?

Not applicable
Author

The qlik view model and the qlik sense app have different values.  I'm using a binary load to get the data into the qlik sense app; however, the numbers that I'd expect are not matching to the qlik view model. 

MK9885
Master II
Master II

If both applications have different values, how come they will match in front end?

If you replicating the qvw into qvf then it will match (Qlik view dashboard to qlik sense dashboard). But if you have some extra data added to your qlik sense app then of course it won't match in front end.

You're just doing binary load, I.E taking just data model not the UI from Qlik View.

I believe I did not understand your question very well. Your terms are very different, values, tie... etc

Are you trying to replicate the dashboard into qlik sense, just like qlik view or does your qlik sense have some extra fields or tables already loaded into it?

If Qlik sense has already loaded tables and you do binary load then definitely it won't match the qlik view dashboard.

Not applicable
Author

I'm trying to replicate the dashboard into qlik sense. The only line in the data load manager is the binary load. 

MK9885
Master II
Master II

It shouldn't be a problem. (unless you doing binary load incorrectly)

Just do binary load, create same charts in front end with same expressions as provided in qlikview. And you'll have a same dashboard across both apps.

Do you want to share the qvw file?

Maybe I can create the replica for it into qvf?