Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrzegorzJudycki
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot connect to Essbase Server "name" Network Error [10061]: Failed to connect to [name:1423]

Hello, 

I am trying to establish connection with Essbase server and I am using the Essbase connector in Qlik Sense version April 2020.

I have connectivity to Essbase server and I am able to read data sources when clicking "Load":

Data sources are loaded from serverData sources are loaded from server

Then I put user and password and try to test connection and I am getting this message:

Error message EssbaseError message Essbase

Normally when retrieving data from Essbase to Excel via SmartView I have a connection on port 19000 . Here in the error message it looks like he is telling me about a problem when trying to connect on port 1423 but I checked with my network admin and no attempts to connect on port 1423 are registered. 

My Essbase administrator doesn't know what could be missing because this is supposed to be our first connection from Qlik Sense to Essbase. 

Could anybody could help me with this, please? Are there special configurations required that should be created on Essbase server side for this connection?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
GrzegorzJudycki
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, 

My problem was solved. Here is what was done but please, note that I don't understand it.

Here is what may Essbase Admin did:

Add to Provider Servers a name of the instance which is different from machine-server name and at the same is equal to the name of Application server where we keep all our databases :  In our case "EssbaseCluster-1" see picture. 

2020-11-04_145015.jpg

Anyway after this I could create a connection in QlikSense and I see data from Essbase in QlikSense App.