Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connector is not responding

Hi,

I've been having a problem in the last couple of days with Qlik Sense desktop - when I try to reload my dashboards which are connected to a SQL database (OLE DB connection) it comes up with the error "Connector is not responding". It also happens if I try to create a new connection. The same error often appears when loading from Excel but the load appears to work.

I updated to the latest version of the program but that did nothing to help.

One of my colleagues has the same problem, the other doesn't. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks!

6 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Can you connect to that data source any other way from your computer to try to isolate the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I can connect to the data through Excel without any problems; I've also talked to the person in control of the SQL database which I am accessing and she doesn't think that there have been any changes.

Ed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am having the exact same problem, it was working with no problem until last week and now I can not connect to any database.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is anyone able to help at all? Running out of ideas now!

Spent all morning looking at it with IT; we've completely reinstalled the program and also uninstalled some windows updates that happened around the time that Qlik broke but it made no difference... Could it be some kind of network firewall thing?

pumpkin_power
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same here, since some days we cant connect to the SQL database.

We didnt Change anything on the Qlik side and our colleagues responsible for the database also have no idea what could have affected this.

Has anyone solved this issue so far?

Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

Same problem right now...