Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebacascardo
Contributor
Contributor

Creating a SQL connection without access

Hi,

I need to create a SQL connection but there's one big issue: on my computer I don't have access to the database and therefore I can't create the connection.

I was able to do it in QlikView because you don't have to create a data connection like in Sense, you just write the SQL query and that's it........but in QlikSense I'm not sure if I can do the same thing somehow.

Any thoughts? Please let me know if you don't understand my issue.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to write the statement in editor just like in QV, but you won't be able to execute, just like in QV.

sebacascardo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I can write the connect statement but when I get to the part where I have to write SQL SELECT it makes the SQL word red like if there's an error there.

The syntax I used in QlikView is something like this:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [XXX];

LOAD     

FieldA;

SQL SELECT

FieldA

FROM XXX

vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Don't use Data Manager, use Data Load Editor instead. You should be able to write the SQL query without having to create a connection beforehand.

sebacascardo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm using the data load editor but I'm having issues with the SQL Select part, as I stated above

vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

SQL keyword seems to be highlighted correctly in Qlik Sense June 2018 even without any CONNECT statement. Maybe a script editor bug in your QS version?SQL.png