Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Connection Spinning - Not working

Qlik Sense Desktop when going to Data Connections it just spins.  If I select Create New Connection a blank bar shows up no connection options.  I am unable to bring data into the script.

HELP!!

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My problem was resolved. But I do not know if everyone will share the same results because my QS Desktop uses our company's QS server to authorize users.

My company's QS server admin and I talked at length with Qlik support and the suggested solution was to change my user access rights slightly on the authentication server, and then change them back, effectively "refreshing" my user rights. This has fixed my problem. I hope this helps.

johnny2005uk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This started happening for us in Feb 2018 release and couldn't really figure it out until I stumbled on a post suggestion it was the connectors. I renamed the folders and that removed the issue (have to rename on all nodes).

This week we upgraded to Sep 2018 Patch 1 release and then an added problem arose where even the documents would now take forever to render (over 2 mins in some instances, and less than 50mb qvf).

Renaming the folders worked once more and resolved the 2nd issue, but of course that disables all the connectors where you rename the folders (including REST, which you need for ops monitor) I then attempted the runtime script fix as suggested above, and this worked a charm on all 4 of our environments (14 nodes total).

Our firewall rules are pretty strict, and so I believe the connectors are just timing out while they fail to make an external connection - or simply if your server has no internet connection, will have the same issue. I'd suggest anyone still having this issue to review the steps, as this should resolve it.

mjwolivier
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

If you check the logs you will see a 500 error in Chrome. If you check the broker logs, you will see that the data connection request is going to a different server. A server where the app is not available but still to a server which is in the virtual proxy load balancer. My best guess is that the load balancing rules won't work on DataConnection_

knhack
Contributor
Contributor

Something that works for me:

• Unistall QS
  • Reinstall QS qith admin permission
  • Reboot laptop

Regards

mjamesking
Creator
Creator

This happened to me following the QS Desktop upgrade to April 2019. 

Uninstalling and then re-installing but as administrator worked as Knhack suggests. 

The install second time around actually took far less time than the first, so there must have been a few things silently struggling in the background without the admin privs.