Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Data Connectivity

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Not applicable

Data Connection Spinning - Not working

Qlik Sense Desktop when going to Data Connections it just spins.  If I select Create New Connection a blank bar shows up no connection options.  I am unable to bring data into the script.

HELP!!

24 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Data Connection Spinning - Not working

I'm having the same issue after upgrading to Qlik Sense June 2017, did you fixed it?

ckchouk123
New Contributor III

1.        Stop all QS services on all nodes
Edit C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
Change (or add) the <runtime/> tag to reflect:
<runtime>

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>

</runtime>

Start all the services & test

johnnymartinez
New Contributor III

ckchouk123‌  -   I had forwarded this onto our IT dept to see if it'd solve us having the same issue - however now it's not connecting at all to the qlik server.

Is it a good idea to restart the server again after this?

Partner
Partner

Are you using IE as your browser? If so, try Chrome instead.

Partner
Partner

Anyone solved this issue, i'm stuck with the same issue since i have upgraded to June 2017 release. One thing i have observed is, once you restart the 'Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher'  the data connection would show up in a minute. However, if you try to open another app, the issue is still the same & connections will @show up after 20 minutes, as it gets TimeOut as shown below.

Data loader Console.jpg

Much appreciated if someone gives the solution. Thank you.

ncternal
New Contributor II

For organizations that support thousands of users, this is not a viable solution.  With many BI tools that work perfectly fine in IE, it creates a bad perception if you have to tell your organization that this BI software doesn't work on one of the largest browser platforms.

ncternal
New Contributor II

This did fix the issue prior to June 2017.  The issue has come back, after upgrading to June 2017. 

Partner
Partner

Hi Thomas,

I agree with you  since Qlik supports IE.

But my comment was just to indicate that using Chrome may solve the problem for the moment in need.

Partner
Partner

I fixed this issue by using a different browser then IE. Which just fixes the symptoms not the real issue