Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Connections hanging

Hi guys

Anyone came across this in Qliksense Server, after i have imported a model from Qliksense Desktop.

Data connections just hangs and does not allow me to create a new data connection.

Any ideas....Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian

The solution is :

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data and delete or move the QvDataMarketConnector  and QvSalesForceConnector's from that folder. (I normally move them down to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\ just to keep is somewhere for future use.

Please give this a try

View solution in original post

7 Replies
csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have the same Issue. Sometimes works just fine, sometimes hangs. I'm working with June 2017 release.

Any ideas?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian

Im being told that it might be the internet connection on the server.  Do you have an internet connection on your server?  Please let me know.

Bradley

csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

No, and I will not because security restrictions. I can get authorization for an specific url if needed, but I just don't know the URL to ask permission for.

Regards-

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian

The solution is :

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data and delete or move the QvDataMarketConnector  and QvSalesForceConnector's from that folder. (I normally move them down to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\ just to keep is somewhere for future use.

Please give this a try

kks123456
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

hi,

deleting above folders doesn't seem to fix the issue for us,

any other options to fix this issue ? 

thanks

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I suddenly have the same problem.  It's been working fine for literally years.  Yesterday the server started acting up so it was rebooted. Now the Data Connections hangs. When I go to the QMC, I can see them listed so I know they haven't been deleted. 

The solution accepted above is not resolving the issue. Does the server require another reboot after moving the folders?

Thanks,

Steve

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes rebooting the QS server (and all nodes if applicable) would be a good first step.

Recommend scheduling at the very least regular monthly if not bi-monthly reboots, to mitigate Windows server OS memory leak behavior.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!