Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callen973
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data Connectors Not Found

Currently running November 2018 Patch 5, and my connections for OLE DB and ODBC fail with not being able to find the connector. Strange thing is, after a while they come back, then they go away again. I have submitted a ticket with Qlik, but there is not much coming from them. We have also gone through and made sure that our Directories pertaining to Qlik have been 'whitelisted' by our McAfee. My question is, has anyone had the issue similar, and have you solved it?

I also want to add that when I go through the process to create a new OLE DB connector, the provider list is empty. As far as the ODBC, it is present in the ODBC list on the server.

4 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @callen973 

When you have the problem is it just blank? or do you see any error?

If using Chorme and press F12 and go tot he "Console" tab do you see any error there?

Have you checked the logs when the issue occurs?

Is the problem occurring in both IE and Chrome?

Are the antivirus exclusions are already configured?

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
callen973
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When attempting to create a connection using ODBC or OLE DB, the providers will either be blank or have values, intermittent. When the provider lists are empty, I get an error when performing a data load using one of those connectors. Does not matter which browser I am in, as it does it in reload tasks overnight. The only error documented is in the event viewer which I have correlated in the postgres db. As for the antivirus, we have whitelisted all things possibly related to Qlik and get errors. We have even turned off antivirus and have still gotten the error. I have also performed a repair with no affect.

NadiaB
Support
Support

Have you tried this?

An error occurred / Failed to load connection error message in Qlik Sense - Server Has No Internet

Data Connections not loading in Qlik Sense

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
callen973
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not sur ehow the data market one applies as I am connecting to data sources in the domain (business system). As for the second one, I have the web connector in another folder so it does not load it in the data connection pane. I have not issues with the data connection panes. It is when I attempt to use a pre-existing connector and it fails to find the connector. I have tested the ODBC and OLE DB  outside of Qlik, and they work without fail, but in Qlik they are sporadically working. It is not the antivirus as we have tested it with it turned off and it still fails to work consistently.