Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erickd1190
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data load editor loading all tables as ABC?

Hi all!

fairly new to Qlik but learning very quickly!

I have 10 tables I am loading through web connectors each with the same fields and data but program specific. (Had to do this due to timeout limitations)

All of these tables are joined by Qlik automatically since they are identical, and then I have an Employee table and my Master Fiscal Calendar.

Now my Fiscal Calendar is built just like this Fiscal Year article suggests using a resident load.

Since the 10 program tables have the same fields, I chose the first table ABC to for my Fiscal Calendar.

Everything looked to have worked just fine but I noticed that the Sales figures are slightly higher than my Validation excel file is showing.

I've been doing some digging but am unsure what may have caused the discrepancy. I took note of the fact that since I used ABC as my resident table in my Fiscal Calendar that every table loads as ABC, could this be the issue? Since I am pulling the data directly from the source it should match.

Here is the layout of my Load, CCM - WIT all include the same fields but only relevant to their program.

Capture.PNG

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What you are doing looks correct. On a point of terminology - the tables with identical fields are auto-concatenating rather than joining. The other tables will associate with those records regardless of which of the 10 sources they came from. As Andrey said, its hard to disgnose without some sample data.

Is it possible that the 10 files may overlap a little, so some items are being double counted?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Erick,

As I understand it, your data structure associated three tables - ABC (loaded into it from the 10 data sources), Employee and Master Fiscal Calendar, it is right? If not, can you introduce a fragment of your data, so I can think about how to help you?

Regards,

Andrey

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What you are doing looks correct. On a point of terminology - the tables with identical fields are auto-concatenating rather than joining. The other tables will associate with those records regardless of which of the 10 sources they came from. As Andrey said, its hard to disgnose without some sample data.

Is it possible that the 10 files may overlap a little, so some items are being double counted?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
erickd1190
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you need the script? If so I will have to falsify the script due to what it includes...

I did add a picture of how my Load is set up.

erickd1190
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The files wouldn't overlap unless a staff member provided a service under another program.

Being said that service would be listed under the second programs id, and not the staffs primary.