Did you mean: 
Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Directory user sync and granting access

Hi,

I am very new to Sense... 🙂

1:

Question: If I have sync'ed all users from AD and later add an LDAP filter on the Directory User Connector, will the users not included in the filter be deleted from the repository?  And how? I have tried adding a filter, but nothing seems to happen to the existing users... I was kind of hoping that they would be removed 🙂

2:

Can I grant access to a user synchronized from an Excel sheet? How does Sense authenticate such a user?

Regards,

Anders

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Anders,

Notice this one was posted about a month ago.

In case you haven't worked it out, and to help others...

1. No, these will be two separate connections, so the directory connector will import from both. To remove the users in one go, delete the connection, and you will be given the option to remove all users imported from that connection.

2. Yes you can.
Have a look at the following video tutorial which explains how.. Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

Best regards,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Anders,

Notice this one was posted about a month ago.

In case you haven't worked it out, and to help others...

1. No, these will be two separate connections, so the directory connector will import from both. To remove the users in one go, delete the connection, and you will be given the option to remove all users imported from that connection.

2. Yes you can.
Have a look at the following video tutorial which explains how.. Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

Best regards,

Simon