cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterkunhardt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Errors in Postgres Connections Since April 2019 Release

We've been experiencing numerous errors in our OLAP queries against Postgres sources from within Qlik since upgrading to 13.21.1. Many apps which worked on our previous version (11.24.4. aka Nov '18 Patch 2) now throw errors during reload or simply do not load any data from the SQL statement. This seems to be especially associated with any query which utilizes a WITH clause as part of the statement, but others are also failing inexplicably. I've tested these queries from a local machine and found that they are still operating normally.

I am not seeing anything in the release notes for April '19 SR2 or June '19 release notes about this issue. 

Has anyone else been experiencing greater bugginess in SQL data connections since this release? Anyone found any relief by getting the latest version?

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @peterkunhardt 

If you create a new application, with only one query that includes the WITH statement does it fail? 

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
peterkunhardt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@NadiaB excellent question; extracting the query to a new application does not resolve the problem.

Generally speaking I've tested the queries/apps which seem to fail by:

• Deleting the auto-generated sections & rebuilding them
  • Creating a new app & testing just the individual query there
  • Creating a new data connection to the same source and testing with that
  • Creating a new ODBC data connection based on a system DSN which I installed myself so I can be sure the driver is the same as the one I use on my local machine

I'm seeing this behavior with two different Postgres sources: our Production follower and our Data Warehouse. The former is hosted by AWS/Heroku, while the latter is hosted in Azure.