cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalvicky777
Contributor
Contributor

HIVE query failing when executed from Qlik

We are able to establish connection to hiveserver2 from Qlik. Hortonworks ODBC driver is being used. The query is executing successfully from beeline client. When submitted from Qlik, it fails with below error-

====================================================

Error: Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 61, ErrorMsg: [Hortonworks][Hardy] (61) Server returned error with no error message during operation: ExecuteStatement
2019-01-21 13:08:44 TStatus.statusCode=ERROR_STATUS
2019-01-21 13:08:44 TStatus.infoMessages="*java.nio.BufferUnderflowException:null:35:34""java.nio.Buffer:nextGetIndex:Buffer.java:506""java.nio.HeapByteBuffer:getLong:HeapByteBuffer.java:412""org.apache.hive.service.cli.HandleIdentifier:<init>:HandleIdentifier.java:46""org.apache.hive.service.cli.Handle:<init>:Handle.java:38""org.apache.hive.service.cli.SessionHandle:<init>:SessionH
2019-01-21 13:08:44 Execution Failed
2019-01-21 13:08:44 Execution finished.

========================================

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni

@vishalvicky777Did you try using Qlik own Hive connector?

vishalvicky777
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No. I haven't tried Qlik HIVe connector.

ganapati_h

Suggest you try connecting with the builtin Qlik Connector. Hope this will help to get the data from Hive.

Regards,
GH

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I just wanted to try to provide some additional input on this one before I move it to product forum pages.  In general, when using third-party connectors, it is best to reach out to the vendor of the connector for assistance in resolving errors etc., as they are the experts on their connectors.  We are simply returning the error we get from the connector, and generally we are not likely to have a lot of details on what they issue may be whereas the connector vendor likely will on their forums etc.  Hopefully this may help others in the future.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.