Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senciucserban
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to connect MongoDB 4.0 to qlik?

Hello,

I have some troubles to connect mongodb 4.0 to qlik, from what I see in documentations qlik supports connections with versions: 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, 3.6.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Mongo/...

I have a mongodb URI which stats with: mongodb+srv. I test the connection local using python and everything was good.

When I try to connect qlik with same mongodb and credentials it said: Check your host, port, username and password.

Thanks,

Serban

9 Replies
senciucserban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey mto‌, I hope I tag you good, I am with that question from YouTube video: What's New - Qlik Sense September 2018.

That connection I try to use:

Screenshot from 2018-10-04 17-25-04.png

Also I use: Qlik Sense Enterprise

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK great Serban - thank you - I have contacted our products team to see if there is a difference with the connector -

In the mean-time (if this is Qlik Sense Enterprise) have you tried the generic ODBC connector?

https://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/reference/odbc-driver/

icd‌ - should our Beta MongoDB Connector work with version 4.0 as stated above?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
senciucserban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I try to use ODBC connector, but I don't see mongodb in drivers?

P.S. I don't have installed mongodb on qlik server.

Thanks,

Serban

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

So if you want to try the developers ODBC driver and use our generic ODBC driver connector - youwould have to install the developers ODBC driver on the server and then configure a system DSN - once that is done - the ODBC driver would display with the Qlik Sense ODBC connector.

Hope that helps

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
senciucserban
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I already have installed, ODBC (32/64-bit) but when I go to Drivers Tab I can't find a driver for mongodb.

Thanks,

Serban

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Bumping this for my friend Serban - it seems it should be simple - but he is not having any success. Has anyone successfully connected to MongoDB 4.0?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Still working on this.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Serban - just got word that PM is working with Simba (driver people) to see if the driver we provide (which is still in beta it seems) is compatible with 4.0. If I hear anything I will let you know. Please check in with me periodically as I may lose track over time with other things going on.

Thanks
Mike
Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
vic
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I just did using the MongoDB (beta) data source connector with MongodB Enterprise. No issues in creating the connection at all. However, my database includes variety of documents - it does not show all the "tables" somehow the metadata it generates misses some objects/arrays in my mongodb documents.