Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

How to extract data from Instagram

Hi friends,

I have been using Qlik web connector for Facebook, Twitter and Youtube data but can't find a connector for Instagram.

Is there a way to extract the data from Instagram in Qlik Sense using any other connector. If yes, Can someone please guide me.

Looking forward for positive replies.

Thanks and Best Regards

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is.

If you are using Amazon Redshift to store your data, you can try Instagram Business IQ connector by Openbridge for collecting account and media data, and connect to Qlik Sense: https://openbridge.com/product/openbridge-instagram-business-iq.

The connector is free and gets you access to the following data:

• media metadata including account, media and user identification data and URLs
  • media insights for video, photo, carousel album and stories include impressions, likes, reach, saved media, video views
  • business account metadata including account ID, Facebook account ID biography, followers and follow counts, media count, name, profile picture URL, username and website
  • business account insights including impressions, reach, gender and age distribution, location distribution, audience country distribution, audience city, online followers, followers count, email contacts, phone call clicks, text message clicks, get directions clicks, website clicks and profile views

If you are not using Redshift, Amazon offers free trial. You can sign up and connect it to Qlik Sense.

Be aware, with recent legacy Instagram API changes, you need to transfer to Instagram Business Account in order to get access to performance data. You can read more about the change here: https://blog.openbridge.com/instagram-abruptly-shuts-down-its-legacy-api-ahead-of-schedule-29770a4b2...

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pls, check post Instagram and look for the answer/advice from stevedarkto use the Qlik REST connector for connecting with Instagram data, which I did myself, too.