Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LP27
Creator II
Creator II

How to load data from different excel in qliksense

Hi Qlikers,

I am new to Qlik sense environment, I have got 11 Excel(xlsx) files under same folder. Each excel file represents each month data. I need to load all these excel files automatically into to the data load editor, but only columns from A to N from all these files will be needed and all the column header from A-N is same in all the Excel files(xlsx).

Is there a possible way to to do this task ?

If so, could some one guide me please!

Note : I am beginner[Take it easy]

Help will be appreciated in this matter ! 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It should be quite simple. Are the file names similar ?
Try starting with one file and load the fields/columns that you want. Test this and check the results.
Then you can just edit the script using the Data Load Editor to get the data from all of the excel files. If they have the same start of file name, you can use that with a wildcard at the end and it will bring all the data into one table.
eg
Load FieldName1,
FieldName2,
From ....... file*.xlsx;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It should be quite simple. Are the file names similar ?
Try starting with one file and load the fields/columns that you want. Test this and check the results.
Then you can just edit the script using the Data Load Editor to get the data from all of the excel files. If they have the same start of file name, you can use that with a wildcard at the end and it will bring all the data into one table.
eg
Load FieldName1,
FieldName2,
From ....... file*.xlsx;
LP27
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Lisa_P, It worked.