Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to read QVD stored on windows share?

There has to be a really simple answer to this... but I just cannot get it to work.

- I create a QVD on server A, and store it in a folder that is shared as a standard, hidden Windows share.

- I then want to access (read) that QVD from server B.

I have tried mapping the share on server B, making available as a local drive (e.g. Z:).

The error message given by Sense 1.0 is "LOAD statement only works with lib:// paths in this script mode", which doesn't really tell me much. Nothing to be found in Sense help (at least I haven't found anything).

I've tried using a UNC path in the load statement on server B, i.e. Load <fields> from \\server\share\directory\file.qvd

No luck.

What's a lib:// path in this context?

Any pointers to how this should be done in Sense?

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
13 Replies
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Late comment:  these URLs are obsolete

jrdunson
Creator
Creator

This URL is obsolete

jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Hey all, I know this was discussed Sept 2014, but can Qlik Sense pull from a qvd...stored on another machine?

I have tried using the server address, suggested by Reuniones de Gerentes Manar above,

Load * from \\xxx.xx.xx.xx\Path\file.qvd (qvd);

But this does not work. I am using Qlik Sense Desktop... is this a limit and/or an intentional license issue?  That is, can Qlik Sense pull data from other drives... other than 'Lib:\\' locations?

Any suggestions?

VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same problem but the thing is the file shared by my client how do I connect to that remote location Data source to read the QVD

silly question but I am totally new to Qlik