Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to use Google BigQuery connector with Sense?

Half a year ago or so I was told that the QV connector for Google BigQuery access (available as a download from Qlik, if you are a customer or partner) would also work with Sense.

Getting it up and running with QlikView was not too hard, but I just cannot figure out how to do the same with Sense.

I have installed the connector on a Sense server, but then what?

It does not show up anywhere in Sense, in ODBC sources or anywhere else I can think of.

Am I missing something very obvious??

Searching the forums comes up with pretty much nil in this space - but surely someone would have tried this?

Ideas?

Thanks,

Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Goran

I have the same issue. Have you had any further success?

Many thanks

Paul

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Yes, sort of.

From what I understand there is not yet a Sense UI for the connector.

The workaround is to install the connector on both QV and Sense, develop your queries on QV, then copy-paste the BQ-code over to your Sense load script, and run it from there.

Not the leanest of workflows, I know... I strongly suspect (hope!) Qlik will add a Sense UI before long.

Another option (and the one I am using now) is to use QVSource's BigQuery connector. Works a treat!

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Goran. Appreciate it. I will look into both solutions that you have suggested.

Not applicable

Hi Goran

Thanks again for your initial respones. I am just trying to get the QlikView Big Query connector working at the moment. I get to the point when I authenticate successfully but then get stuck. I get a error_redirect_uri_mismatch error. I need to put in where I want to be directed to on the Google developer console. Please see screenshot.

I have tried putting in the URL where the data set is located but does not seem to be working. Do you know what I should be putting in the "Authorized Redirect URIs" on the Google developer console?

Many Thanks in advance.

PaulGoogleBigQuery.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Goran

Not worry. I found my issue. I was creating a ClientID for a web application instead of an installed application.

Thanks in advance.

Paul