Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import TCX files into Qlik Sense desktop?

I would like to import TCX files from Garmin Connect into Qlik Sense Desptop application, in order to run more indepth analysis on the activity data. Does anyone know whether this is possible? If this is possible, will Qlik Sense allow me to import a zip file with multiple TCX files?

If this is not possible, is there an alternative way to import this data from Garmin connect to Qlik Sense?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martijn

You can export from Garmin Connect to csv and then use this file to import into Sense.

Not applicable
Author

HI Tim,

Thx for your quick answer. I have looked into that as well, but this option has 2 main drawbacks:

1. I lose a lot of details (e.g information about splits)

2. I can only export activities page by page

However, if that's the only solution, I have to live with it...

Thanks again!

Martijn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1) I have the options to export splits to csv - so I don't lose any data. Of course this may be how we're both using Garmin Connect, but I can get all my splits out OK using this.

2) Agreed - this is a pain however I don't use Garmin Connect directly.

There are a couple of other options which I've played with. If you use any other sports data programs, like Sports Tracks then the export from these are probably better than Garmin Connect. (EG I use Sports Tracks to import my .fit files, which I can then export out of)

If your raw files going into Garmin Connect are .fit files, you could also look at the Fit SDK and in particular FitCSVTool.jar.

Not applicable
Author

Interesting. How do manage to export splits to csv in Garmin connect?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On the activity page, top right gear icon, then Export Splits to CSV.