Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there anyway to connect to a database using JDBC versus ODBC?

I'm trying to connect to a database using a JDBC connection string versus ODBC. Is there anyway to do this in Qlik Sense?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Zack -

Technically, not out of the box - since the Qlik Sense platform is not Java based, it is not a native component to most Windows software.

There are pay-for ODBC drivers that translate ODBC calls to JDBC calls that can do this - or even SDKs that can build this - (Simba)

We even have partners that built them - but at the moment I believe they are still for QlikView and NOT Qlik Sense

QlikView JDBC Connector

If you look into the partner, these would be provided as custom connectors, which are available for QlikView, but not yet in Qlik Sense. However, you can USE THEM with Qlik Sense -just a few small edits to the settings.ini file to allow legacy or CUSTOM CONNECTORS.

Also, this would be a great opportunity to visit Branch our (Qlik's) developer network and open exchange. It is in a closed beta at the moment, however you may be able to collaborate and network with others that might be working on a similar connector for Sense.

Sorry I could not give you a better answer. Perhaps others in the community might chime in.

(Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.)

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

(Qlik)

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Zack -

Technically, not out of the box - since the Qlik Sense platform is not Java based, it is not a native component to most Windows software.

There are pay-for ODBC drivers that translate ODBC calls to JDBC calls that can do this - or even SDKs that can build this - (Simba)

We even have partners that built them - but at the moment I believe they are still for QlikView and NOT Qlik Sense

QlikView JDBC Connector

If you look into the partner, these would be provided as custom connectors, which are available for QlikView, but not yet in Qlik Sense. However, you can USE THEM with Qlik Sense -just a few small edits to the settings.ini file to allow legacy or CUSTOM CONNECTORS.

Also, this would be a great opportunity to visit Branch our (Qlik's) developer network and open exchange. It is in a closed beta at the moment, however you may be able to collaborate and network with others that might be working on a similar connector for Sense.

Sorry I could not give you a better answer. Perhaps others in the community might chime in.

(Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.)

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

(Qlik)

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

I agree with Michael.

sofiene_1920
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Instal Cristal Report and will give you an ODBC to use to connect to SAP HANA, see in this link :

SAP HANA Demystified