Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Data Connectivity

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Not applicable

Issue Connecting to Qlik Data Market with Qlik Sense 3.0 -remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

I get an error like below or similar whenever attempting to access Qlik Data Market Free content?

note: that I do not see a DM connection in the data connections area of the UI.

All help appreciated in diagnosing this issue.

-Robert

ERROR OUTPUT

8:06:23 TT

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.: SQL SELECT "_dim_8q8e", "_dim_8q8f", "_dim_8q8g", "Year", "MEASURE=1" FROM fact:516m WHERE '8q8e' = '4.7' AND '8q8f' = '1' AND '8q8g' = '2.4' AND MEASURE = '1' AND TIME = MOST RECENT

Code Segment
LIB CONNECT TO [DM];

[World population by country]:
LOAD

[_dim_8q8e] AS [_dim_8q8e],

[_dim_8q8f] AS [_dim_8q8f],

[_dim_8q8g] AS [_dim_8q8g],

[Year] AS [Year],

[MEASURE=1] AS [Persons];

SQL SELECT

"_dim_8q8e",

"_dim_8q8f",

"_dim_8q8g",

"Year",

"MEASURE=1"

FROM fact:516m

WHERE '8q8e' = '4.7'

AND '8q8f' = '1'

AND '8q8g' = '2.4'

AND MEASURE = '1'

AND TIME = MOST RECENT;

6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Issue Connecting to Qlik Data Market with Qlik Sense 3.0 -remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

I've facing the same issue with Qlik Sense Desktop, but the connection with a Qlik Sense Cloud Basic account works just fine.

I compared the scripts generated by a Desktop and a Cloud, it seems the only different is the connection line which the Cloud one has the identifier inserted.

Desktop

LIB CONNECT TO [DM];

Cloud

LIB CONNECT TO [DM (qlikcloud_qlikid_<cloud_account_username>)];

I tried to run the Cloud script on the Desktop, but the following errors return. Without the identifier, it will return the (400) Bad Request error

The following error occurred:

Could not fetch connection by name using identifier DM (qlikcloud_qlikid_xxxxx)

The error occurred here:

LIB CONNECT TO [DM (qlikcloud_qlikid_xxxxx)]

Not applicable

Re: Issue Connecting to Qlik Data Market with Qlik Sense 3.0 -remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Thank you Chad

-for Confirming the issue with Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Data Market connectivity.

I'm really surprised that there are no other references to this.

We have also opened a ticked with Qlik.

Not applicable

The newest release 3.0 SR1 seems to resolve the issue.

Not applicable

Hi Robert, thanks for the information.

Just tried with the new release 3.0.1, the data extraction from data market works fine now.

Cheers.

brucearmstrong
New Contributor II

I just upgraded to 3.0 SR2 and it seems there's a regression.

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.: SQL SELECT "_dim_8olw", "_dim_8olx", "DateTime", "MEASURE=1" FROM fact:50e3 WHERE '8olw' = '' AND '8olx' = '' AND MEASURE = '1'

brucearmstrong
New Contributor II

This was caused by an upgrade from 2.2 direct to 3.0 SR2.  An install repair cleaned it up.

Control Panel => Programs => Programs and Features => Qlik Sense Desktop => Change => Repair.

Community Browser