Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samyurchuk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services

Using Qlik Sense September 2018.  I have a crazy requirement to load data from an OLAP Cube.  When creating the OLE DB Connection I do not see Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services as a provider.  Is this provider limited to older (or newer) Qlik Sense releases?  or maybe there is another provider that can be used in its place?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

There isn't a connector to Analysis Services but you can go to the Fact and Dimension tables that build the cubes on SQL Server.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

There isn't a connector to Analysis Services but you can go to the Fact and Dimension tables that build the cubes on SQL Server.

Andrew_D20
Contributor
Contributor

Was  there previously a connector for Analysis Services?

I've seen numerous links showing an OLE DB Connector for SSAS as a Data Source and even watched a video of data being loaded from SSAS to Qlik

https://youtu.be/b_yeraBHJHw

This is something I need to do.

jonathanhvid
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Andrew, 

Qlik does not have one at current. However there is one developed by a partner specializing in connectivity:

Take a look at:

The Cube Connector for Microsoft SSAS & AAS | Stretch Qonnect

Hope this helps

Andrew_D20
Contributor
Contributor

Hi It used to have one?  When was it withdrawn?

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Andrew,

I just had the same issue, and I was able to resolve this issue, by installing Client libraries for connecting to Analysis Services and OLE DB Drivers for OLE DB Driver for SQL Server, because the OLE DB Provider for SQL Server was not working for my connection. Find the links to both drivers below:

Client Libraries for Connecting to Analysis Services (Connect to SQL Cubes)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-data-providers 

OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (Connect to SQL Database)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/oledb/download-oledb-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-ser... 

I hope it helps other people. 

Luiz DP

jonathanhvid

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, I missed this message. Qlik Market is sadly no more, but you can find the product here:

The Cube Connector for Microsoft SSAS & AAS | Stretch Qonnect

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

I just would like to say that we started using Stretch Cube connector and it is making our lives much easier, as cube connections can make a hell out of your life if you can't define which measures and dimensions are coming from what cube, if they have the same names.

Great product.

jonathanhvid

Thank you for the kind words, Luiz. I am very happy to hear that you are enjoying the connector 🙂