Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

QVD from different machine does not recognize data connection

Hi,

We recently moved from an on-premise set-up to a cloud set-up.

When creating a new app in this cloud environment, everything works fine and I can open the newly created data connection.

However when I import an QVD from the On-Premise set-up, then in the data load editor I can see the same connection in the right menu, however I am unable to open the data connection. Also when just changing the sources in the script, Qlik Sense does not seem to be able to open the data source.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this without having to recreate the entire app?

Thanks!

4 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I am assuming that qvd location is on the cloud

Asking the obvious question. Does your on premise setup have access to the qvd location? try accessing from that machine to qvd location directly.

Seems to be a access rights issue

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply,

I wrote QVD, but I mean QVF, sorry.

In the cloud set-up there is no connection to the on-premise set-up whatsoever.

Simply when I create a new app, I cann add the data connection from my cloud set up

But as soon as I import a QVF, the exact same paths as in this new app are not recognized by Qlik, not allowing me to connect to any data source from the exisiting app.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

That is odd. try opening the connection in QMC and on a new app create new connection with exact same details.

Must be something small

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

That's the thing, it doesn't work.

It tells me the path does not exist.

When I open the drive where the files are located, it seems like it doesn't update anything.

Only the original files from when the machine was created are there. But anything newly created only shows up i nthe newly created apps/QVF