Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Data Connectivity

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

qlikuseregg
New Contributor II

Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Heyho,

we migrated our Qlik sense to version 3.0 last week and today realized the Data Import funfction does no longer show us columns for selecting the data we want imported.

empty data load.jpg

Usually our users build their own sheets with this, selecting the columns from our DBs that they need and merging them together, only coming to us when they need something more sophisticated (i.e. editing Data Load scripts directly because they want to match some more exotic things.)

However since we migrated last week, the columns no longer show up in the data preview and our users can no longer create new views. The old ones, oddly enough, are working completely fine.
We can also use our ODBC connections just fine by writing direct scripts.

Software:

Qlik Sense 3.0

ODBC:Mysql Connector ODBC 5.1 by oracle.

Connecting to a MYSQL db running on 5.6

As said the actual connection is working fine, and we can pull data from it just fine with tools like excel.

Only the qlik sense connection seems to not return rows correctly.

I already tried creating a new data connection (both 32 and 64 bit) and have the same problem.

I restarted all services multiple times, including our Database servers.

If anybody has an idea as to what might cause this please let me know.

If this was asked somewhere before then my Google-fu was not strong enough to find the thread.

Also if I posted to the wrong place please give me a pointer, I'm new to this community.

14 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Same here, the import script still works but when i try to add data with the ODBC connection I cannot see data.

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Hi, i have the same problem.  Any solution?

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Hello there,

I think I have the same problem, only with ODBC 32 bit. I am working on "Scripting for beginners" tutorial and I am not able to select any field from the database tables in order to load them. All options are inactive. I have followed every step as instructed.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Hello, even if your PC is 64-bit and the version of the sense Qlik is 64 bits and the database is 32-bit tables will not appear, create a System DSN with 32bits, I had the same problem.

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Thank you Elias.

Indeed, my laptop and Qlik are 64 bits, but my Microsoft Office 2007 is 32 bits.

And yes, I did create a System DSN - 32 bits. It was the only way I could do it, because I woudn't see the data source ("Scripting tutorial ODBC", in this case) if I would have chosen System DSN - 64 bits....

I am wondering now if the problem is related to the 32 bit version of Microsoft Office on 64 bit Windows&Qlik.

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

In the meanwhile, I reinstalled Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013 - 64 bits... and tried all over again using 64 and 32 bits driver for ODBC ... but with no results. I still get no fields preview in the "Select data to load" dialog.

Did you, rest of the guys who had this problem solved it ? How ?

qlikuseregg
New Contributor II

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Hey there,

I got response from Qlik support, this is a (by now) know bug which should be fixed with the next service release. I'm not aware of any workaround - except rolling back to Qlik 2.x...

Cheers,

D

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Thank you Dieter,

Qlik Support could have posted the answer online and save some people a lot of time.

Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense 3.0 not showing columns on odbc 64bit import

Hello, Very strange that, because I had the same problem and the picture is similar: Windows 10, Office 2013 (but the bank is Firebird 32bit), Qlik Sense 3.0.

The fields of the tables appeared only after excluding all ODBC drivers 32 and 64bits of the two DSN (user and system). Then I set up only in the ODBC System DSN with 32bits. From that time began to run everything.

Community Browser