Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Can't connect to data from script editor

Hi everyone,

I am using Qlik Sense 3.2 r4 and am having issues connecting to data folders.

I have numerous data connections (folders) set up.

When I select Add Data from the script, I cannot see any files for selection within the connection path, only a loading circle as per this screenshot..

This is the same when testing all folder connections, and times out.

chq data folder connection.PNG

As a workaround however, I can create a new application, and select Add Data from here (the initial Get Started window), and this will allow me to select the file within the folder, and load it.

add data.PNG

Any help, considerations or advice much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

5 Replies
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Weird but already had this problem with only one of our users. It disappeared after we made him full_admin temporarily...

Meaning : create a new security rule for that particular user, with * resources on every potential actions. Then, try to add data, if it works delete the security rule and try again.

tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

use backend work(connect DB, building datamodel) in qlikview and bring the data model in to qliksense to work in on front end objects

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

I don't understand the use of it ?

tcarolus
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I Have experienced this problem a few days ago. This problem only occurs in IE. Using Chrome solved the problem for me.

Qlik is aware of this problem and it will be solved in the next release ..

I quote:

The problem is related to a bug:

1. QLIK-76520 where in Internet Explorer you can not load the Data Connections

I hope this is does the trick for you too.

Kind regards, Tamarah

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Tamarah,

Chrome did indeed provide a sufficient work around.

Many Thanks for This!