Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop PostgresSql error when selecting tables during add data

Hello. I have connected my PostgreSQL database to Qlik Sense Desktop and am trying to select the tables to add. However, when I click on ANY of the tables listed, I receive the following error:

ERROR[42000][Qlik][ODBC PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver][PostgreSQL][ERROR:syntax error at or near "FROM"(Position 11; File scan.I; Line 573; Routine yyerror;)

Each table says that exact error. Any ideas on how to get my tables imported? Thank you!

7 Replies
tcarolus
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sam,

Can you show us what the FROM syntax looks like in your situation?

Regards, Tamarah

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tamrah,

I never wrote any statements, which is why I am confused. I was able to get my PostgreSQL data connection imported and it lists the tables inside the database, but I cannot see the data. I'm not sure where a FROM statement would be at.

tcarolus

Hi Sam,

OK, as far as I understand now you get the error as soon a just select the table, not even after reloading the data.

Hmmm ... ok ... can you connect to a table using Excel/MS Query? If that doesn't work either I think the problem had nothing to do with qlik but maybe with the driver itself.

If that works fine maybe you can check this out.

Are you using the 'Add data from files and other resource' aka data manager or the Script editor? See printscreen below

DataEditor.png

I think you are using the first option. In that case you can try the script editor and see what happens. Take a look at the helpfile if you need some help with that, https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/data-load-editor-ove...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the error occurs when selecting any of the tables after selecting the owner. The data never appears on the data preview, only the error message.

I tried connecting to PostgreSQL through Excel (Data-New Query-From Other Sources-From ODBC-PostgreSQL) and received the error:

"We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Details: "ODBC: An error occurred but no ODBC error information was available."

Yes, I am using the first option to add data from files and other sources, which worked perfectly to establish the connection.

tcarolus

Hi Sam,

Well, I'm afraid it has something to do with the ODBC driver and I have no clue how to solve this. So maybe somebody else can help you out.

Regards, Tamarah

balabhaskarqlik

Did you resolved this issue, post the solution.

tcarolus

Hi, maybe it's better to reply to Sam's post if you want to know it the problem is solved.