Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense and Office 2016

Since I upgraded to Office 2016 (including Access 2016) I cannot access my Access DB via OLE DB anymore.

I found that there is a new version of OLE driver (version 16.0), but it's not available in Qlik Sense.

Further it's not possible to use a created data connection (Neither System nor User DSN show defined ODC files).

When creating a new Data connection in Windows 10/Excel 2016 you get:

Do I something wrong or need Qlik Sense to be adapted for use with Office 2016?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Let me add, that this connection string was working with Office 2013:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.15.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

Simply changing the version number to 16.0 doesn't work either:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0;Data Source=C:\Users\matthias\Documents\db.accdb;]

Result is: connection failed

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i haven't tried an OLEDB connection to access office 16.0 but i think you can create an ODBC connection to it as a system DSN and select 'ODBC' from qlik sense.

One thing though regarding your existing OLEDB connection.. i noticed you are using CONNECT32 in the syntax above which is a 32 bit connection. you may need just a CONNECT (for 64 bit) .

Back to ODBC, you may need to form the ODBC DSN using the 64 bit ODBC administratorin order for qlik sense to see it.  Many modern windows machines have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit ODBC administrator program and i suggest choosing the latter.

Not applicable
Author

I installed the 32 bit Office version and therefore I'm using the 32 bit driver-

found that the ODBC driver for Access was gone when using ODBC administrator as you suggested.

So I installed "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" and defined a User DSN.

With the defined User DSN and ODBC now I can access the database.

Thanks for your hints.