cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense data connection sometimes fails

Some of our Qlik Sense tasks sometimes failed for the same type of error: Error: Connector connect error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

And data connection to a folder (on Qlik sense server) sometimes failed too with error: Cannot open file: 'lib://<folder_name>/qvdname.qvd'

Each time when it happens, we need to restart Qlik Sense Scheduler service. The task worked well after restarting. However, it happens again next run and we have to do another server restart. What might cause this and how to solve it?

Thanks

Bo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

We have two nodes in Qlik Sense cluster. I re-installed the ODBC driver on node #2 and the issue was solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is one example of data connection code which threw error: LIB CONNECT TO '<ODBC DSN name>'

Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

ODBC DSN which threw errors are for SQL Server and Netezza. So far DSNs for other database types (Oracle, My SQL etc) works well.

Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

We have two nodes in Qlik Sense cluster. I re-installed the ODBC driver on node #2 and the issue was solved.