cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik to Cassandra 2.2 works but 3.0.15 does not

Hi all,

This is probably a question for DataStax rather than for Qlik forums...

I was sucessful connecting Qlik Sense Desktop 11.14.3 with Cassandra 2.2 using Datastax ODBC driver, but I cannot do the same with Cassandra 3.0.15 nor with Cassandra 3.11. In Windows 10 -> ODBC Data Sources (64 bits) -> System DSN , then I click on DataStax Cassandra ODBC DSN64 (I have installed it moments ago) -> Configure. When I set up the host, port and and keyspace, I get the message:

Failed to establish connection

SQLSTATE: HY000[DataStax][CassandraODBC] (100) Failed to connect to Cassandra database: Not even protocol version 1 is supported

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR

Do you have any suggestions? Is there any documentation stating that the driver is not compatible with Cassandra 3 ?

Thanks

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I fixed it myself. I think I was using a wrong version of the ODBC driver - I was using Datastax driver (the latest I think) which apparently does not work for Cassandra 3.X. I have now downloaded the latest version of the ODBC driver from the Simba website (30-day trial version) and it is working 🙂

The confusion came from the fact that I thought the Datastax driver and the Simba driver were the same as I read somewhere that "Simba and Datastax have partnered to develop a driver...".

Regards

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Pablo. I have downloaded the same "Cassandra ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector". Is it the right one ?   Do you have some kind of documentation for this or any guidance will be highly appreciated. I am able to see the ODBC connector within my Qlik Sense desktop. Can u guide me with the next step. Thanks.