Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Data Connectivity

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

olbapjose
New Contributor

Qlik to Cassandra 2.2 works but 3.0.15 does not

Hi all,

This is probably a question for DataStax rather than for Qlik forums...

I was sucessful connecting Qlik Sense Desktop 11.14.3 with Cassandra 2.2 using Datastax ODBC driver, but I cannot do the same with Cassandra 3.0.15 nor with Cassandra 3.11. In Windows 10 -> ODBC Data Sources (64 bits) -> System DSN , then I click on DataStax Cassandra ODBC DSN64 (I have installed it moments ago) -> Configure. When I set up the host, port and and keyspace, I get the message:

Failed to establish connection

SQLSTATE: HY000[DataStax][CassandraODBC] (100) Failed to connect to Cassandra database: Not even protocol version 1 is supported

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR

Do you have any suggestions? Is there any documentation stating that the driver is not compatible with Cassandra 3 ?

Thanks

2 Replies
olbapjose
New Contributor

Re: Qlik to Cassandra 2.2 works but 3.0.15 does not

Sorry, I fixed it myself. I think I was using a wrong version of the ODBC driver - I was using Datastax driver (the latest I think) which apparently does not work for Cassandra 3.X. I have now downloaded the latest version of the ODBC driver from the Simba website (30-day trial version) and it is working :-)

The confusion came from the fact that I thought the Datastax driver and the Simba driver were the same as I read somewhere that "Simba and Datastax have partnered to develop a driver...".

Regards

sashokku
Contributor

Re: Qlik to Cassandra 2.2 works but 3.0.15 does not

Hi @Pablo. I have downloaded the same "Cassandra ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector". Is it the right one ?   Do you have some kind of documentation for this or any guidance will be highly appreciated. I am able to see the ODBC connector within my Qlik Sense desktop. Can u guide me with the next step. Thanks.