Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonaschaaf
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense - MongoDB connector doesn't show all fields?

Untill now we have been using the QlikWebConnector for MongoDB connections. As of the QlikSense June release there's a MongoDB connector (BETA) available in QlikSense.

The MongoDB table I need contains 104 fields. When using the QlikWebConnector it shows me all fields. But when using the MongoDB connector in QlikSense it only shows 52. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Or is there some field limit in QlikSense I'm not aware of?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello leonaschaaf‌,

Can you please provide:

1. The data types for the fields that are missing. We don’t have support for all data types in MongoDB. We can consider investigating if support can be added. Currently supported data types can be found here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Mongo/Mongo-connector.... 2. 2. Collect the logs so we can better understand what might be the problem. I will send you a private email with the instructions on how to collect logs.

Thanks,

Daniel

leonaschaaf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've tried connecting to the Mongo database through RoboMongo/Studio3T. I have the same issue there but as soon as I create a query on the database with a filter on the date (greater then or equal to the first of October) I do see my fields!  I tried the same in the Mongo Connector in QlikSense but no luck there

My database does contain more then 400.000 rows but I can't imagine that would be an issue

vic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

My MongoDB collection has documents with variety of fields i.e. nested arrays and objects. The schema of the documents has been changed over time therefore the schema varies. The Qlik Sense Desktop does not show all the tables. So i would like to know how does the MongoDB connector works i.e how does it collects the metadata, is there any limitations or etc. 

falvarez
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.
Did you manage to solve it?

Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Missing fields could be caused by the default metadata sampling strategy of MongoDB connector. Check article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000058321 for more discussion and solution.
Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.
falvarez
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.
It was fixed

patitaL
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the answer 🙂 it's correct! 

I was driving myself crazy! 😉