Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Data Connectivity

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Not applicable

QlikSense with SAP BW Connectors

Hello friends,

i use to develope with qlikview and i am new to qliksense. now i have to install and configurate the qlik sap connector with qliksense.

how can i use the sap bw connectors with sense? i can only find the sap-sql-connector in my qliksense desktop client. i can t find the sap-bw-extractor-connector, sap-bw-olap-connector and all the other bw-connectors. is there no visual integration for that connectors?

is the only posibility to make the configuration of the sap-extractor-connector for the extractor of an infocube in qlikview and copy the code to qliksense?

thanks in advance

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: QlikSense with SAP BW Connectors

Hello Bastian,

Thanks for your question. We do not have the corresponding GUI for those connectors just yet, they are on the roadmap.

What I am told is that if you have the SAP/BW for QlikView - installed on the Qlik Sense system, you can put the Qlik Sense system in to legacy mode Disabling standard mode ‒ Qlik Sense

This will allow you to use the script to connect to SAP/BW - as if you were using QlikView. I described it here in this video:

Qlik SAP SQL Connector

Video Index: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Let me know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Not applicable

Re: QlikSense with SAP BW Connectors

Hi Community, locating settings file was easy but the once opened in notepad I don't have any options to change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0. This is all I get, any ideas please? I downloaded QlikSAP x64Setup.exe last week but find no evidence of it on my machine any longer either?

TIA, Emma Mercer (using project logon for Data Analytics Evaluation)