Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_gielen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Load Web File dynamically

Hi Mike,

This gives a lot of flexibility which is great.

However i do see a serious risk in terms of governance : any user can overwrite the URL defined in a data connection by the Qlik Sense admin. Meaning basically they can pull any data from the web. In our case we do not allow users to create data connections and legacy mode is not enabled. This "URL IS" method is opening doors we wanted to keep closed.

Is there any way to restrict the usage of this feature through security rules?

Thanks,

Nicolas

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas - can you recap your concern - I went through this discussion thread and it goes in so many directions, I am not sure which part you are concerned with. 🙂

What software edition - Qlik Sense Enterprise - I assume?

Once you recap, I'll have a better understanding. I will actually branch this to a new thread - to separate from the existing.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
nicolas_gielen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback.

To put things in context : my concern is with the “URL IS” feature introduced with Qlik Sense FEB-2018. I’m on Sense Enterprise FEB-2018.

Basically “URL IS” allows users to override the URL that was setup by the Qlik Sense admin when setting up the data connection.

Not something we want any user to be able to do. It conflicts with the fact we restricted the ability to create data connections to admins.

Hope it clarifies ☺

Thanks,

Nicolas

nicolas_gielen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mike,

Do you have any update on this topic?

Thanks,

Nicolas