cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shortened connectors list after installation

Hello.

I have made clean Qlik Sense Server installation on Windows 2012 R2, using single node  and local postgre DB options.

After entering license, allocating it to user, I enter Sense Hub and try to create new app.

But the list of connectors is too small, considering my colleagues who did installation on other servers:

Connectors

What's wrong, where are the other connectors, like Microsoft SQL, Oracle and so on?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

question is then, do you need the rest of connectors? If yes, have a look at this path on other servers... can't really remember but should be this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\

copy the ODBC connector out and put it on the server where it is missing connectors.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Anonymous wrote:
question is then, do you need the rest of connectors? If yes, have a look at this path on other servers... can't really remember but should be this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\

copy the ODBC connector out and put it on the server where it is missing connectors.

Hello, I've checked the folder you suggested, and under QvOdbcConnectorPackage there is a package for Mongo and other connectors, however they are not shown in Application data sources.

My colleagues have all the same set of connectors, but they are shown correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sure. next things to check:

1. Check the Security rules in QMC. Look out for DataConnections_* related rules that is blocking you from using a specific type of connection.

2. Other things to check. Is the root admin seeing the same thing? How about in Data Load Editor? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Datamakery01,
Thank you for your reply.

I have checked - only 4 default rules regarding data connections exist. I have tried making them disabled, but no additional connectors appeared.

My user is RootAdmin and ContentAdmin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hmm. Last resort.
1. Restart your server
2. on client computer, clear browser cache, close browser and check if connectors appear
or
3. use another computer to login as root admin to check if connectors appear
4. lastly, create 1 more root admin and 1 normal user to check.

if all fails.
reinstall..