Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple Qlik Sense Section Access

I am attempting to use section access with Qlik Sense. I am testing against "ADMIN1", that is aRootAdmin in Qlik Sense, but also admin in the Windows server. I tried the following script in data load editor, I hit load data, quit then re-enter. Qlik says: "Access Denied".

Section Access; 
LOAD * Inline [
ACCESS, USERID
ADMIN, ADMIN1
];

Section Application;
LOAD * Inline[
Customer, Age
];

I replaced ADMIN, ADMIN1 with ADMIN, DOMAIN1\ADMIN1 but still "Access is Denied". Same when I try ADMIN, * or ADMIN, '*'.

How can I make this simple test work?

Thanks,

Amir.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

could it be because you are using AD account vs. QS account? I see a good example in a help file:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/Dyn...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Borin! I tried both AD and QS UDC accounts, both with RootAdmin/ContentAdmin roles. I tried assigning them USER and ADMIN. Both "Access Denied".
Yes thanks. I read the data reduction example, my example is much simpler (just section access, no data reduction yet), but still doesn't work. Thanks for help anyway. Appreciate it.

Not applicable
Author

The example at the top of the thread does not work for 2 reasons.

1. There is no ADMIN value for the Access field in Qlik Sense.  There is only USER.

2. You did not supply a reduction field in the Section Access table, therefore, the user logging in has no access to any data and results in an Access Denied message.

Seems like you have not added reduction field based on your last message.  Make sure to add that and make sure that the reduction field is All Caps or Section Access will fail.

jg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

When I try, I agree with you that there is no ADMIN value for the Access field in Qlik Sense but in the help it says otherwise:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/sections-i...

Am I missing something here?

Not applicable
Author

Your link is not available. Will you please upload it again.

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

In your lower table, you should include a field that links back to the section access table. Add a field like Age or Customer in the first  table and provide values that should be used to reduce / limit access to specific data values. Hope this helps.

-GW

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

Please help me with this simple Section Access script.

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD

INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, EMPLOYER_NAME, OMIT

USER, LOCALUSERS\SENSE_SYSTEM,*,

USER, LOCALUSERS\QVDEV, ABC,

USER, LOCALUSERS\QVDEV, XYZ,

USER, LOCALUSERS\QVADMIN,*,

USER, LOCALUSERS\QLIKUSER, XYZ,

USER,INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*,

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

The users QLIKUSER and QVDEV are successfully seeing the reduced data based on ABC and XYZ only but the user SENSE_SYSTEM and QVADMIN are not seeing all the data. Instead they also see the data reduced to ABC and XYZ. I have tried both USER or ADMIN in the ACCESS field for them but it just doesn't work. Can some one notice anything out of the ordinary here?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How about if you leave the OMIT field blank (i.e. do not use *) ?

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

Thanks Bilge, the OMIT field is already blank. The * are for reduction field (EMPLOYER_NAME)