Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to connect Qlik Sense to Oracle although Qlikview to Oracle works fine

We've recently purchased Qlik Sense that will replace our Qlikview application, and I am trying to create an OLE DB connection to my Oracle database.

I use the following in Qlikview (8.5) and get a successful connection when I test, but am not getting a successful connection in Qlik Sense (2.1.1):

Provider: Oracle Provider for OLE DB

Source: [I entered the name of the database here. Same in both Qlikview and Sense]

Specific user name and password: [I entered the credentials here. Same in both Qlikview and Sense]

Has anyone run across this issue before?

2 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try activating the Legacy Mode and check. This might Solve your issue.

The available settings for StandardReload are: 1 (standard mode) 0 (legacy mode)

Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Sangram, however I'm not looking to force Qlik Sense to use old load scripts from the Qlikview file. Instead, in Qlik Sense I want to create its own connection directly to the Oracle database. I will not be reusing the old scripts from the Qlikview file at all. So I'm not sure why Qlikview is successfully connecting to the Oracle database with the same credentials, but its not successful when I attempt to connect in Qlik Sense.