What kind of Qlik Script 'Support' for Teradata-specific query is there?
This is an RFI for the Teradata-experienced community with regard to whether Qlik (notably QlikSense) 'supports' script syntax for Teradata-specific queries.
Does anyone have Teradata experience, especially in regard to whether Qlik can handle an SQL statement prefix of "validtime as of date 'YYYY-MM-DD' "?
I don't want to write a typical WHERE clause, as none of the fields in the table are indexed and the data (table size) will grow with time (it's a historical table). I'm trying to prevent a full table scan and was notified by Teradata experts that this was achievable with a query prefix of "validtime as of date 'YYYY-MM-DD' SEL [...]". I use a Qlik var to get the correct "YYYY-MM-DD" but when I prefix the SQL-Select statement/query with this in the Qlik script, I get an error ("The following error occurred: Unknown statement:").
The exact same statement that Qlik "errors" on, works when copy/pasted into Teradata Studio.
Does anyone have information on the types of Teradata queries supported by Qlik.
I'm going to mark your answer as correct so that you get the points. When I was typing out an answer to your reply, I realised my mistake/omission. And "yes", a 'view' is a workaround, although this would have required a JIRA ticket, etc. as I don't have rights/permissions to create anything, only to read DB tables.
My answer to you was going to be "I am still curious why this doesn't work, as I have passed to the DB server many different things from a Qlik script".
Basically, my Qlik script was "load A, B, C; validtime as of date '$(vBUSINESS_PD)' Select A, B, C from "schema"."table";
I had copy/pasted the queries that were shared with me. I forgot to add "SQL" to identify what Qlik needed to pass on to the DB server. I realised this when I thought "[...] as I have passed to the DB server many different things from a Qlik script".
Therefore, the following script works:
"load A, B, C; SQL validtime as of date '$(vBUSINESS_PD)' Select A, B, C from "schema"."table";