Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anormand
Contributor
Contributor

A Qlik Sense user disabled randomly

Hello Community,

I have a weird case, I investigated a lot and I still can't find the solution.

I have a Qlik Sense server, with about 100 users.

Only 1 user send me an email quite daily to inform me that her account is disabled.
French error message : "Votre compte est inactif. Contactez l'administrateur pour l'activer."
Quick translation : "Your account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate."

This user is (like all the others) a domain user, provided by an active directory server. My user are installed thanks to an excel User Directory Connector.

Everytime the account is disabled, I can see it "externally removed" = YES and "Inactive" = YES. (Blocked = NO)

I have to reload my Excel User Directory Connector and my account is back.  ("externally removed" = NO and "Inactive" = NO)

At first sight, I suspected something weird with the Active Directory.

So I created a second excel User Directory Connector for local windows accounts. I created a 2nd account for my user on the local server, and loaded it with the Excel UDC.

I have exactly the same behavior. The account works, and randomly is disabled.

In addition, I moved to this user to watch her behavior with the software. She uses Firefox ESR, the correct link to the server. The has a standard working station up to date.
I discovered that she used to use the "disconnect button" at the end of her work. And this action causes everytime her account inactive. BUT, since I forbidden her to use this button, she still have the issue everyday.

Does someone experienced something similar ?

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

one question, if the user is the AD user, why are you using Excel UDC?

Why dont you link AD directly.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
anormand
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's prohibited by the AD administrator. Sad but I have to workaround.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You need to convenience them to allow you to connect to AD. Without which it will become difficult to maintain custom UDC.

Also tell them that Qlik doesnt take any info apart from static info. It doesnt store password.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
anormand
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried, but they don't accept.

By the way, I have quite 100 users that works perfectly. So I'm trying to understand why this account fail.

I think the issue is not AD. Because when I create a local account, and my user uses this local account to connect, I have the same behavior.

What are the conditions to consider a user inactive ? Does a bad user behavior can make the account disabled ? (Network quality ? Windows configuration ? Firefox ESR ? Infected PC ? so many parameters ...)

erwinvink
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Did you ever find the solution to this? We have the same problem with ODBC UDR's. On first login, everything goes perfect. After logging out and attempting to log in again, the user is removed.  In QLogs I can find the following message:

logger = UserManagement.Repository.Repository.Users.SyncUsersWorker

payload = {"Message":"Retrieved 0 entities from directory 'Customer' of type Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.ODBC.ODBC"}

When syncing the UDR again, the user is unblocked and the whole process repeats.