Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

A security rule that grants read only access to the QMC Users and "User access allocations" page?

Hello all,

Can someone please give me a security rule code that that grants read only access to the QMC Users and "User access allocations" page to select set of users?

6 Replies
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Anyone?

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Levi_Turner  what do you think? 🙂

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The expected behavior is that they can see QMC > Users, but not change any of the user records, and they can navigate to the associated License pages and assign a license to any arbitrary user? If so, what license model is being used? Do you expect them to have the rights to be able to right an associated rule to automatically provision a license?

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Levi,

Sorry for the late reply I was away.

That's right, the user only needs Read access. They are simply going to search for the Users in the Users page, and similarly in License Allocation page to answer questions such as does X have a license or does their record exist in Qlik.

We grant the Professional access license to all of our users, each of them. Each user has unlimited access. We do not use any other license types.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So something like this:

• Name: _QMC > License / User
  • Resource Filter: QmcSection_License*,License*,User*,QmcSection_User
  • Actions: Read
  • Conditions: ((user.name="licenseadmin"))
  • Context: QMC

Obviously you'd need to adapt the conditions section to scope to the user population who you want to target.

flaurntiu
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I like the solution which works perfectly for allowing people to view the user allocations. 
However now we have a similar challenge where a few users must be able to change the user allocations, but not the license and other security stuff.

So this would be the basic rule granting people with access to the QMC to view the allocations

• Name: _QMC > License / User
  • Resource Filter: QmcSection_License*,License*,User*,QmcSection_User
  • Actions: Read
  • Conditions: ((user.name="Custom_licenseadmin"))

I have tried to grant certain users additional rights using the following rule, which did not have the desired effect:

• Name: _QMC > Change User allocation
  • Resource Filter: QmcSection_License.*,License*
  • Actions: Create, Read, Update, Delete
  • Conditions: ((user.name="Custom_licenseadmin"))

This will allow them to allocate/deallocate, but also to change the license.

Does anyone have a similar challenge and solve it?