Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcarolus
Partner - Contributor III

Access Qlik Sense from outside network only for a few selected users

Hi all,

One of my customers wants to make Qlik Sense accessible from outside their network by installing a 3th party certificate. One specific requirement is that this will not be available for all Qlik users but just a few selected users.

So my question is if this is possible and if yes then how?

Thanks in advance for thinking along with me.

Kind regards, Tamarah

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Tamarah,

Yes, totally possible. A separate virtual proxy would be required, and either a different form of authentication used, or security rules locking down access to just those few people. (or both)

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

If you are enabling the SAML based authentication for this specific users, then you will be able to restrict the users.

You can through the below link for understanding the SAML

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/SAML-authe...

If there is any other solution then I am not aware of it.

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Tamarah,

Yes, totally possible. A separate virtual proxy would be required, and either a different form of authentication used, or security rules locking down access to just those few people. (or both)

Thanks,

Simon

tcarolus
Author

Thank you Simon!

I have not implemented the sollution ... yet ... but what your are saying makes sense to me.

Kind regards, Tamarah