cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Adding Multiple users (bulk load) in security Rule

Hi all -Any idea on how to add multiple users to the security rule at once. I mean as we do in Qlikview to add LEF for multiple users (with a ; delimiter) is there a way to add multiple users atonce? Currently I need to provide access passes to multiple users (around 200) in bulk and assign them to two different applications. Please let me know if there is a way to do that. Thank you

(attached is the way I'm trying to add)

Another Question is We also get requests to allow access to certain users for some apps in a stream where all the other ones are open to all Stream Members. Could you please let me know on how to achieve it as if i provide access to Stream the apps inside the streams are open and all Stream members are able to access all the apps in that stream

My current priority is to ad multiple users, so please share your thoughts or provide solution

thanks - Sasi

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

jog‌ - jog thoughts? I have asked Sasidhar to open this discussion and mentioned you may be able to assist.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi,

so there are a couple of different ways to go about this.

One way would be to use an attribute from the user directory and set up a user access rule based on that attribute. Another way would be to use the userdirectory as the value in a user access rule.

If neither of those options work, you can create a custom property and set the custom property to the users you want to provide access.  Then create a user access rule to that allows users with that property access.

The way you are doing it in the screenshot will not work.  You need to create an entry for each individual userid, not attempt to set them in one condition.  You can add conditions by clicking on the plus sign on the right.  However, this approach is inefficient and not easy to manage.

For the second piece (stream access), Use the Everyone stream security rule as a template to create rules for the streams you want to open up.  Put another way, create stream rules for the specific streams you want provide access to, and follow how the Everyone stream is set up to provide the same access.

Much of what you are asking is covered in a webinar you can watch here: SenseSecurityRules.mp4 - Google Drive

If you want to do the mass addition of the custom property to users, I can work up an example of that using Qlik Repository Service (QRS) API and Postman.

jg

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Appreciate your inputs jg,

Its really painful to select each 200 users and assign a custom property. I wish I could edit the security property and add 200 users some where, but it is taking only a user at a time.

thank you

Not applicable

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry, but I am looking for a sample code for the mass addition of the custom property to users using QRS API.

Could you please share if you already have one?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Goh

Not applicable

Goh, timely question!  I've just started a project to do just that.  Hope to have something in two weeks time.  Stay tuned to Branch!

jg

aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Jeffrey,

Could you please let me know if the bulk update of custom property is possible. And is there any way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Aadil

Not applicable

aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thank you Jeffrey!