Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansarikashif2017

After upgrade to June 2017 QMC and Hub has stopped working

We are upgrading our environment from QlikSense 3.0.0 -> QlikSense 3.1.2 -> QlikSense 3.2.4 -> QlikSense June 2017.

Upgrade till QlikSense 3.2.4 went absolutely fine. Hub and QMC were wroking fine. Apps were working fine even data load worked fine.

After upgrading 3.2.4 to June 2017, the Hub and QMC stopped working.

We upgraded from 3.0.0(Synchronized Pers) -> 3.1.2(Synchronized Pers) -> 3.2.4(Synchronized Pers) -> June 2017 (Shared Persistence)

We are getting :-

This page can’t be displayed

Logs have below errors :-

Method: 'SendRimQrsStatusRequest'. Failed to retrieve service status from 'http://<RIMServername>:4444/status/'. Server host 'RIMHostname'. Error message: 'Forbidden'

Proxy -> Trace:

<win service account>Could not retrieve local server node configuration from local repository

Also, just to let you know in the Database Service listener screen I had put the IP address of CENTRAL node in "Listen Addresses" in the format xx.xx.xx.xx and IP address of the RIM node in IP Range in the format xx.xx.xx.xx/32. We only have one RIM node.

We had shut down all QS services on RIM node and CENTRAL node when starting June 2017 Upgrade of CENTRAL Node.

Please advice.

5 Replies
ansarikashif2017
Author

Calling out the experts : mto‌ , korsikov ‌, gwassenaar, kaushik.solanki

rittermd‌ , jog‌ for their advise.

simo-matti_liim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I see problems occured when moving from Synchronized to Shared Persistence. Have you created File Share and done all other steps mentioned in here? : http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployment...

Also, I'm not familiar with multi-node sites but are you sure your service account has proper rights? "Error message: 'Forbidden' sounds like everything is not fine with access rights.

br,

S-M

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Kashif - have you followed the steps to move over to shared persistence? Creating network folder shares etc. ? This is most likely the problem. Also - do you have support with a partner or Qlik. You should also work with them in tandem with us to help troubleshoot. Let us know how you do.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployment...

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Simo - thanks for your reply - I see your reply was held up in moderation, I will find out why. We appreciate our community members support. Thank you.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ansarikashif2017
Author

Hi Michael and Simo,

Yes I had created the folder and given Full control to the service account. Had followed the Upgrade guide to the T.

The only part that I was not sure was the Database Listener screen. I had put the IP address of CENTRAL node in "Listen Addresses" in the format xx.xx.xx.xx and IP address of the RIM node in IP Range in the format xx.xx.xx.xx/32.

Yes we have support from Qlik. I have raised a ticket with Qlik Support. Support is advising to revert back to the last good backup(in our case 3.0.0) and start again by removing Nprinting from the server.

It seems Nprinting and QlikSense June 2017 cannot co-exist?