Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreinagi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

App folder in Qlik Sense 2017 June

Hi,

I need to save some space in the C unit of a production environment server by saving the apps in D unit.

I know that in previous versions of Qlik Sense Server (3.1 SR1 for sure) there is an input field in the QMC that allows you to choose that directory and works perfectly, but in 2017 June version that field disappeared (correct me if wrong please!).

Other solutions I've seen in the Community talk about editing the config.ini file or setting a hard link, but I'd like to know if those are the solutions that Qlik offers officially or they are (legit) workarounds.

Can anyone give me some light in here??

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In Qlik Sense Shared Persistence (the only persistence option in Qlik Sense June 2017 and higher), the Apps as well as logs, and StaticContent (Extensions, thumbnail images, etc) are stored in the path specified in the Service Cluster section of the QMC.

If you would like to change that path to another drive (or another server) then do consult the article titled How to change the share path in Qlik Sense June 2017 or higher in our knowledgebase.

Here's a video walking through the process but since you are on June, the needed tool is not included in the installation but is attached to that article: Changing Share JuneOrHigher - YouTube

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In Qlik Sense Shared Persistence (the only persistence option in Qlik Sense June 2017 and higher), the Apps as well as logs, and StaticContent (Extensions, thumbnail images, etc) are stored in the path specified in the Service Cluster section of the QMC.

If you would like to change that path to another drive (or another server) then do consult the article titled How to change the share path in Qlik Sense June 2017 or higher in our knowledgebase.

Here's a video walking through the process but since you are on June, the needed tool is not included in the installation but is attached to that article: Changing Share JuneOrHigher - YouTube

jreinagi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

That's it, thank you very much Levi.