Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

App level Access in Qliksense but issue in app object access

Hello Community,

I am trying to achieve App level access in qliksense.

I have used Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management this video which worked perfectly for restricting App in a stream.

But I am facing issue with Sheets after changing default Stream Rule and creating new rules.

Is there anything I need to change for Sheets or App Objects?

lakshmikandh

korsikov

rohitkumar1609

Please suggest.

24 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III
Author

I haven't tried Sheet level Section access.. Will try it and paste steps here..

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Thanks.

I was able to do Stream & App but Sheet/Objects/Stories is bit complicated and any help would be appreciated.

Or if there is a default rule for all stream/apps where a user should not see the app unless they have read access in a stream.

suhasinigm
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I am trying to achieve App Level Security, used the rule as below

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or (resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")).

After applying this rule,not able to see the Sheets.

Can you please suggest me the correct one.

Vinothkumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shraddha,

I too have the same scenario.

I have many stream and many apps. In Stream 1 i have App1 and App2. I want to restrict the access for these apps using the AD groups

1. I created a Custom Property AppLevelMgmt for the resource Apps and assigned the values (AD Group1 & AD Group2)

2. Created a Sucurity Rule for the resource App_* and the condition is given below.

((user.group=resource.@AppLevelMgmt))

3. I disabled the default rule "Stream"

4. I created a new rule  instead of the default rule Stream for the resource filter App_* and the condition is given below.

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

5. I assigned the custom property value AD Group1 to App1 and AD Group2 to App2

When i check the hub, apps are restricted but the sheets are not visible. The same is affecting other streams too. I mean in all the other applications too, sheets are not visible.

What am i missing here?

Could you please post your solution step by step here to rectify my issue.

Regards,

Vinoth

Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

For anyone who is still having issues with this, please make sure the two security rules that manage the app access are both for App* and NOT App_*. 

This will ensure the user has access to all app content and not just the app. 

I hope this helps.