cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

App level security in qlik sense

Hi,

Is it possible to define an app level security in qlik sense server?

Basically I would like to make an app available in the HUB according to logged in user.

For example, a STREAM can be made available (visible in the HUB) or unavailable (invisible in the HUB) according to logged user with a security rule like below

Resource filter: Stream_66616e97-fe70-7777-8888-99999999999)

Conditions: ((user.userDirectory="AD" and user.name like "*@company.com"))

I tried the same logic for an app with a security rule like below but it did not work.

Resource filter: App_66616e97-fe70-7777-8888-99999999999)

Conditions: ((user.userDirectory="AD" and user.name like "*@company.com"))

Can not we use GUID of an app in resource filter as in "App_66616e97-fe70-7777-8888-99999999999"?

Thx,

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌Can this not be achieved by having a dedicated stream for the app?

OR by having users link to the app directly through a URL rather than going through the hub?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes dedicated stream would do it.

But, if the URL to the app is known or captured somehow (though it is unlikely due to the complex GUID), the rule on the stream won't prevent another user from accessing the app.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌Combine your app level security with data level security in section access so even if the app is located the user would still need a username and password to access the data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This, I am already doing.

I am just curious about what I asked. Especially, since it is doable for a stream, I want to know if it can be done for an app. Or, at least, I want to confirm that it is not doable.

Thanks,