Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

App owner cannot access app due to section access

Hi

I have the role to configure app for internal customers. They will then create dashboards for customers.

For some reason, after applying section access, I cannot access the apps in hub anymore, even I'm still owner of the app.

Do you know how to ensure that I can always access to the app I own?

We use QlikSense 2018November.

Best regards,

Susan

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Susan,

Most probably you know, Section Access is used to reduce data dynamically over user information that authenticated and authorized users.

If the user that you used is not in the section access table of the app, you get "access denied" error even it is  app's owner.

You should open the app by right click and choose "open without data". The app will open without data and you can edit the script.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Absolutely there is 🙂 

This option is only available for unpublished apps. If the app you working on is published, you should duplicate first.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/open-app.htm

Adsız.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Susan,

Most probably you know, Section Access is used to reduce data dynamically over user information that authenticated and authorized users.

If the user that you used is not in the section access table of the app, you get "access denied" error even it is  app's owner.

You should open the app by right click and choose "open without data". The app will open without data and you can edit the script.

Hope it helps

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you!

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It seems there is no 'open without data' in Qlik Sense?

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Absolutely there is 🙂 

This option is only available for unpublished apps. If the app you working on is published, you should duplicate first.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/open-app.htm

Adsız.png

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

true! Now find the option. 🙂 Thank you!