Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adambouchard
Contributor
Contributor

Application promotion

Hi All,

I am pretty new with Qlik but during my Internship one of my tasks is to promote applications from QA to Production after approval. With more than 40 a day I am getting frustrated. I have read a lot of posts already but no real solution. Does anyone how I can make my life easier ?

Adam

2 Replies
Somasundaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Adambouchard,

Once you got UAT sign off, move your application from UAT Path to Production path.
Some of the organizations, Just move the particular folder , admins will take care to move productions.

-Somasundaram

If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
Giuseppe_Novello

What product are you referring about Qlikview or Qlik Sense? 

If QlikView then you can manually move from folder to folder. 

IF Qlik Sense, there 2 ways the supported way and unsupported ( basically use at your own risk) way:

Supported: Dev - QMC > apps > select app > export app/qvf  to Prod -  QMC > apps > import > browse for qvf. 

Unsupported: You can use the QMC Utilities : 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Qlik-Sense-QMC-Utilities/ta-p/1478759

QMC utilities has the "app mover",this allows you to move app from DEV to Prod UI console. NOTE! This is unsupported, Qlik Support nor Qlik R&D will provide any supportability, nor any guidance, last update on this tool was 2 years ago so it might be little buggy or not really sure side effect may cause to the environment -- use this at your own risk!  

BR. 

Gio 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik