Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Backup User Sheets/Objects

Last week I had the unfortunate incident where one of our Qlik Sense apps became corrupted. It happened after a server outage, and it concerned a published app.

I was able to recover the app (by importing the binary file in Qlik Sense desktop) but the corrupted app on the server could not be overwritten. Since many user sheets and objects are attached to this app, I was wondering if there is any way to recover/backup these user objects? Since they were actively used, the user-base was quite upset.

For backups:

Since importing/exporting apps strips the binary file from user objects, the only option I see is to manually copy/paste objects from user sheets to a base sheet. Then backing up the app. You'd have to reverse the process to recover though. Does anyone have an easier solution for this?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this: GitHub - countnazgul/QS-backup-and-restore-app

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Assuming that when an app is deleted, all its content is also deleted, how can we backup/restore the user's custom content?

Any update on this?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to be sure you have a complete backup then make a backup of the file system of the server that contains your Qlik Sense installation. That way you'll have a backup of the .qvf app files and the Qlik Sense repository database.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand