Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmnathanstotts
Contributor
Contributor

Best Practice with Multiple Environments

Hello all and thank you for viewing,

I am somewhat new to the Qlik space, however; I have been a Sys Admin / Engineer for a number of years.

What I am looking for is best practices when setting up a Qlik environment.

At the moment we have a production server that we are developing processes and what not. Is it best practice to have multiple environments? Or just have one?

My idea in setting up processes is as follows:

1. A user requests a new application
  2. Data Connection is made and shared with app developers / qvd developers
  3. QVD Dev creates the QVD and shares with app developers
  4. App developer develops that application
  5. App is published to staging stream validation
  6. App is validated
  7. App is published to production stream

I know this is a lot of steps and there are a few more for our organization and how it has to handle things due to SEC and Federal Regulations.

Any thoughts and or guidance is much appreciated.

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

Based on the process you have built, I would definitely recommend a multi-node environment.

With multi-node, you will be able to dedicate specific Qlik Sense Engine(s) to load the applications published to the staging stream and to load the application published to the Production Stream. This way you will ensure that if an application hasn't been very well developed and is consuming lots of resources the user working on the production stream are not affected in any way because the load will take place on the Qlik Sense Engine(s) dedicated to staging. 

You can apply the same idea to the Qlik Sense Scheduler to reload tasks so basically having Staging Qlik Sense Scheduler(s) to reload the staging applications and having Production Qlik Sense Scheduler(s) to reload the production applications. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.