cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avaneesh9
Contributor
Contributor

Best way to share confidential QVF application with Stakeholder

Brothers, I have created an application on my desktop QS app, which is highly confidential. Confidential to the extent that Qlik admin should also not be able to see it.

Can you please help me with the best methods to share or publish this application on HUB, with only and only the people i provide access to should be able to see it. Not even the Qlik Admin should have access to it using support ID.

Help will be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then you have to make sure your Qlik Admin basically cannot administer Qlik. He should not be able change or create security rules, not be able to assign access tokens, not be able to change the ownership of apps or duplicate apps or export apps.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@avaneesh9 your method will work as long the application data source is unavailable for the admin.

An admin will be able to open the application without data and rerun the script, but without access to the source it will not be possible to recreate the data.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
arielrichtman
Contributor II
Contributor II

If it's on Qlik repository I doubt there's any way to keep a determined user with Admin access away from it. Following to see what others say.

avaneesh9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks! I have implemented a method, please let me know if you guys find any loop hole in this related to data security.

One of the stakeholders is loading data on his desktop using Qlik sense desktop with section access added to it. Then the person uploads the application to a stream on Qlik hub. This way even the root admin is not able to access the application. 

Do you guys think its a plausible solution?

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

I agree, section access is the way to go here if you don't want your Admin to be able to open this application. 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then you have to make sure your Qlik Admin basically cannot administer Qlik. He should not be able change or create security rules, not be able to assign access tokens, not be able to change the ownership of apps or duplicate apps or export apps.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@avaneesh9 your method will work as long the application data source is unavailable for the admin.

An admin will be able to open the application without data and rerun the script, but without access to the source it will not be possible to recreate the data.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Unless the document can be reloaded with a task that was defined to reload the app. If that's the case the admin could change the load script and have the script executed by the task.

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

8ts a case of using combination of section access and modified admin role by restricting/limiting their action types to prevent the scenarios people highlighted. If the app is not on schedule and data source are not available via server then section access would be fine. Just do not add anyone but the people who should see it.
Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂