Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot access Qlik Sense outside of server

I have installed Qlik Sense on Windows server running Windows 2012R2 on Amazon AWS, and it seems to be working fine (e.g. access to QMC and hub).  However, when I tried to access the hub outside of this server using the external IP on Chrome or IE, I cannot.  The error is "This webpage is not available", and no prompt to log in.  I can ping to this server from my local laptop, so it is seeing the server.  From inside the server, I am using local users.

Central Node:  host name is pointing to internal address given during setup

Based on some discussions, I added the external IP to the websocket origin white list in Virtual proxies section

I have allowed all traffic in.

It seems like when connecting from outside the server, it is not recognizing or allowing me to get to the web server portion and prompting me to log in.  Again, I am not on the same network or domain as the server.  I am using local users.  Is there a setting that I am missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Phung,

The I meant the firewall of the server not your laptop. Just for a quick test go to (assuming is WIN2012) Server Manager > View> Windows Firewall and Advance Security> shut it all 3 options down.

gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Phung,

When you installed Qlik Sense what hostname did you use for the certificate creation?  If it's the internal amazon name this could be a potential problem.

The other issue may be your AWS security group and making sure the proper ports are opened inbound to the Qlik Sense server.  I see you stated that you have all open.

If it's the former, the best thing to do is uninstall and remove certs plus programdata\qlik folder.  Reinstall and when prompted for the hostname, change the default name in the textbox to the windows machine name.

Let me know how that goes and see if it resolves the issue.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the host name is using the internal Amazon name.  I did as you mentioned:

• Uninstall Qlik Sense
  • Remove certificates
  • Delete Qlik folder
  • Reinstall using server name
  • Added the external IP in Virtual proxy websocket origin white list

Still get the same result/error.  I can ping to the server from my laptop.  All traffic are opened in and out.

Giuseppe_Novello

Phung,

Do you have open the proper ports inbound and outbound within windows? Also Amazon have a setting to enable port, these are mainly the proxy's port that must be open:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ServerDeploymentConfiguration/Content/Server/...

The fact that you just see "This webpage is not available" you been 100% blocked, or the server itself is not browsable on the network you are trying to connect, have you tried to ping that server? 

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I opened all inbound and outbound traffic in Amazon security group for this server.  I also disabled the Windows Firewall on my laptop.  Yes, I can ping to the server.  Still get the same error. 

Yes, it feels like something is blocking this access.  Is there a way to test to see if the web service portion of Qlik Sense is working from the outside?  With IIS, I can put a sample html page to see if I can bring it up.  Not sure how to do it under Qlik Sense.  Again, everything inside the server seems to be working normally with QMC and the hub.

Giuseppe_Novello

Phung,

The I meant the firewall of the server not your laptop. Just for a quick test go to (assuming is WIN2012) Server Manager > View> Windows Firewall and Advance Security> shut it all 3 options down.

gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

That was it.  The server firewall blocked on inbound connections for the Public Profile.  Once I set it to Allow, then I can access the QMC and hub externally.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Now I need to find the right settings for the Window firewall server for the this Public Profile incoming connections to be secured.

Giuseppe_Novello

Phung Lee,

Here under this subject it has every single port that each service needs to have open inbound and outbound:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ServerDeploymentConfiguration/Content/Server/...

Giuseppe Novello
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI @Giuseppe_Novello 

I am also facing a similar issue,  few days a ago ,I have installed Qlik Sense April 2019, Patch 3 at test server. Initially both (hub & QMC) URL was not working inside and outside of the server with Internet explorer and Chrome, however it did worked on Mozilla Firefox but only inside the server.

Outside the server it still not working, I don't know what is the cause of this issue. Can you help me on this.

Aside, I saw your suggestion to shut it all 3 options down. Can you mention what are those 3 options?

Server Manager > View> Windows Firewall and Advance Security> shut it all 3 options down.

Details of the Test server:

Server: Windows Server 2016 Standard
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10Ghz (3 Processors)
Memory (RAM): 64 GB

Thank you,